REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN THE AMERICAN LEGION
IMPORTANT: EVERYONE MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF YOUR DD 214
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information to our Post Membership Committee:
- An American Legion Membership application, which can be found by clicking on the "APPLICATION" button on the left (Applications are also available at our Post)
- Print two (2) completed copies. Keep one copy for your records. Mail the other copy to the attention of our Membership Committee at our Post mailing address, along with your dues payment (Our current annual dues are $35).
- A copy of your DD214
(↓If you don’t have your DD 214 click on this link↓)
- Membership Dues payment. Make your check payable to our Post (Morvay-Miley-Cruice Post 524). Please, DO NOT SEND CASH! We cannot accept credit or debit card payments at this time.
THE AMERICAN LEGION
MORVAY-MILEY-CRUICE POST 524
PO BOX 363
OCEAN CITY, NJ 08226
Your application will be reviewed by the Membership Committee and you will be contacted by a member of the committee. If the information is correct and complete, the membership will be approved and your membership card will be mailed to you.
Please see eligibility dates below to determine if you qualify for membership.
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
- Completed Member Data Form (available from our Membership Committee)
- Copy of your DD 214
- Copy of your current Membership Card
If your current year dues are not paid, payment will be requested at the time of transfer.
Membership Eligibility in the American Legion is based on honorable service in the U. S. Armed Forces from December 7, 1941 to a future date to be determined.
*Because eligibility dates remain open, all members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
You must have served at least one day of active military duty during the time period listed above and were honorably discharged or still serving honorably.